03 April 2018
Nereus COST ES1403, Training School
The Action’s Training School will take place from 29 to 31 May 2018 in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Title: “Uptake of microcontaminants by crop plants and ARB&ARGs testing in wastewater, soil and plant samples”
The training School program will focus on:
- State-of-the-art knowledge on the uptake of contaminants of emerging concern (CEC) by crop plants
- RB&ARGs testing in treated wastewater (TWW), soil and plant samples
- CEC uptake and their translocation in plants, as well as on their action as plant stressors
- Laboratory techniques which are commonly used to pre-concentrate and quantify selected CEC
- Battery of bioassays for the evaluation of the effects on the environment and on human health arising from TWW reuse
- Methodologies for assessing the risk to human health from the consumption of agricultural products irrigated with TWW
The Summer School is organised by NEREUS COST Action ES1403 and co-organised by Nireas-IWRC, UCY, Cyprus University of Technology and Agricultural Research Institute.
- Meeting Location:University Campus, University of Cyprus (Nicosia) Address: 1, Panepistimiou Avenue, Aglantzia, Nicosia
- Dates: 29-31 May 18
Submission Deadline: 20 April 2018
Click HERE to download the full information, application and programme