Articles dedicated to the Action published in the IWA and Water JPI Newsletter
Talks (invited, plenary and keynote) related to NEREUS given by the Chair of the Action
- “Achievements of the NEREUS COST Action ES1403”, COST Information Day, Promoting and Spreading Excellence, Nicosia, Cyprus, 31 October, 2018
- “What is in the effluent organic matter? Characteristics and implications in urban wastewater treatment plants”, Universidad Technologica de Pereira, Pereira, Colombia, 28 June 2018 (invited by Dr. Yenni Avila, Universidad Technologica de Pereira).
- “Treated wastewater reuse: Considerations related to contaminants of emerging concern”, Universidad de Cartagena, Cartagena, Colombia, 25 June 2018 (invited by Prof. Miguel Angel Mueses, Universidad de Cartagena).
- “Capacity building and Cooperation: Water JPI Knowledge Hub vs. COST Action – What is needed”, 2nd Water JPI Conference on Emerging pollutants in freshwater ecosystems, Helsinki, Finland, 6-7 June, 2018.
- “Characteristics and implications of effluent organic matter in wastewater treatment plants, International Seminar on ‘Measure to control effluent organic matter (or TOC) in sewage treatment plants’, Seoul, South Korea, 12 April 2018.
- “Considerations related to contaminants of emerging concern and wastewater reuse”, 18th European Meeting on Environmental Chemistry (EMEC18), Porto, Portugal, 26-29 November 2017 (organized by the Association of Chemistry and the Environment (ACE)).
- “Towards a Blue Circle Society: Considerations related to the Contaminants of Emerging Concern and Wastewater Reuse in Agriculture”, Second Tripartite Meeting of the Presidents of the Cyprus-Greece-Israel Parliaments, House of Representatives, Nicosia, Cyprus, 2 November 2017.
- “Towards a Blue Circle Society: Considerations related to the Contaminants of Emerging Concern”, 10th International Water Association (IWA) Micropol & Ecohazard Conference, Young Water Professionals day, BOKU University in Vienna, Vienna, Austria, 17-20 September 2017. Note: the presentation was prepared by D. Fatta-Kassinos and finally presented by N. Kreuzinger due to a sudden major health problem of D. Fatta-Kassinos.
- “Promoting reclaimed wastewater reuse in agriculture while ensuring health and environmental safety”, XII Technical Conference on Wastewater Treatment – Emerging pollutants in water. Impact and potential removal strategies, Murcia, Spain, 9-10 November 2016 (organised by the Regional Entity of Sanitation and Wastewater Treatment – ESAMUR).
- “Solar-driven technologies to combat emerging challenges in urban wastewater reuse”, Session: “Is solar remediation a solution to global water shortages?” (Session organised by the Institute of Physics (IOP) co-sponsored by the European Physical Society), EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF), Manchester, UK, 22-27 July 2016.